24 August 2009

Jeni's Mojito Sundae


I've been on a little bit of an ice cream bender lately. After lunch yesterday, I was walking past Jeni's in the Short North. I saw the specialty sundae, and I knew instantly what I was having for dessert.

One of the seasonal flavors at Jeni's is backyard mint. It is made with organic mint from Jorgensen Farms, an Central Ohio operation, and organic cream.

The sundae is a mojito sundae. While it doesn't exactly taste like a mojito, the clean mint flavors mix perfectly with the mint leaves, a waffle cone chip, butter caramel sauce and hand whipped cream, making it a deliciously refreshing treat.

I don't know how long they'll be offering the mojito sundae, but I assure you that I will have it again before the end of the summer.


Jeni's Mojito Sundae

2 comments:

Ryan at Jeni's said...

Thanks for the kind words and pics, Jared -- much appreciated.

Like beets?

Couple new flavors hit shops yesterday, one of them being Red Beets with Lemon & Poppy Seeds -- oh, so tasty.

Give it a try if you get the chance and let us know what you think!

Cheers.

deraj1013 said...

I saw that. Between beets and celery, I couldn't tell if they were delicious or instruments of torture...although I've never had anything from Jeni's that was less than delicious. I'll have to check them out. Thanks for the recommendation.