06 September 2008

Elevator Brewery and Draught Haus

Elevator isn't exactly the most vegetarian-friendly brew pub in Columbus. But when you make beer this good, I could almost care less (Editors note: I will do just about anything for beer for those looking to bribe me--that's right, I absolutely can be bought).

The menu is biased towards flesh food. There are a limited number of salads on the menu in addition to the hummus and the vegetable strudel (my veggie selections). These aren't vegan-friendly eats. Wash it down with an Oktoberfest and don't say I didn't warn you.

The Oktoberfest is the latest seasonal. It has a malty aroma with a rich, caramel flavor accented by a mild hop bitterness. The lager is light and clean with a hints of anise and tree fruit. The Coal Porter is opaque, showcasing layers of coffee, chocolate, soy sauce and brown sugar flavors that round into a delightful quaff. There are a number of other drafts brewed by Elevator that are featured on a regular basis, as well as a constantly changing array of seasonal offerings. Brewmaster Vic Schiltz's beers are always tasty, and the brews are matched to the items on the menu.

Elevator is a different concept than most brew pubs. The food is definitely more upscale and pricy than the typical neighborhood beer bar. Happy Hour is always a good shot to save a few bucks off the regular prices.

The Refectory on Urbanspoon
Elevator Brewery and Draught Haus on Urbanspoon


Kate said...

Elevator will be part of North Market's Columbus Microbrew Festival this weekend, if you're into their beer. My husband and I went last year, and with each tasting ticket, you basically got half a glass of beer, plus you keep the glass, so if you like many of the C-bus area brewers (including Barley's, CBC, and Gordon Biersch), it's a pretty decent deal.

deraj1013 said...

I should be there with bells on. I know most of Columbus' brewing community, but I'm less familiar with Weasel Boy. It should be fun.