18 September 2008

Wellness Forum Foods



I saw a review of Wellness Forum Foods from ThisWeekNews last week, and I couldn't believe that there was a place that prepared vegan food in my backyard that I hadn't tried yet. Cross it off my list--and sign me up for the next round.

This place is tucked in an industrial park in the shadows and smog of the Budweiser facility. Del Sroufe and his staff prepare a tasty selection of vegan breads, soup, salad, pasta, sandwiches and other assorted items for delivery. There is also a lunch menu that is available for take-out or limited delivery area.

The creamy basil pasta salad (pictured above) is made with bow tie pasta, cherry tomatoes, artichokes and pine nuts in a basil dressing. I ordered the full lunch portion.

The white bean spinach wrap was also quite good. It was leafy greens, carrots and white bean hummus served in a pita with mustard.

I'll definitely have to check out some of the other items on the menu here. This looks like it could be a pretty tempting option for busy health nuts like myself.


No comments: