23 September 2009

Anna's Pizza, Cookies and Ice Cream

I unearthed a gem that took me back to my childhood while visiting my brother this week. Stark County is hardly a hot bed of gourmet pizza. However, when I was younger, one place called the Pepper Mill shone brighter than all the other stars. The proprietors Anna and Tony ran a bare bones pizza shop that made great pizza with a medium thick, buttery crust, brightly flavored sauce and high quality topppings. After many years went by, they retired from the pizza business.

However, the friendly couple have now re-entered the pizza fray with Anna's Pizza, Cookies and Ice Cream in Jackson Township. The pie is very similar to the Pepper Mill, and the jovial conversations by the proprietors are identical.

I didn't use a camera to capture the pizza, so you'll have to stop in to relive the magic. The roasted garlic pizza comes highly recommended from my brother.

No comments: