12 March 2007

New local Organic Nut Brown

Jackie O's started offering a new beer that was very very good! The Organic Nut Brown Ale (with the little peep hole cut into the tap handle) is so good, it's almost great. It's very chewy with roasted notes and a long, tapered finish. This beer is a seasonal, which means you should head down there this evening and take advantage of the $7 pitchers before its all gone. (Actually, it'll be around for a little bit. Don't get too worried. It can be bought today.)

Not that I did that earlier tonight or anything. But I've heard that their IPA and the Wilford Brimley Oatmeal Stout are quite good as well. The bar has a pull out stage where bands perform live music on a regular basis. They feature open mics, Irish music and good old fashioned hippie jam bands in addition to hip hop nights and everything else in between. I'm hoping I'm on call with Ekoostik Hookah lyrics when my friends' band plays next quarter.

No comments: