03 March 2008

Mad Mex redux


In the past, I have had nothing but positive experiences at Mad Mex in the South Campus gateway. On previous visits, I enjoyed the vast selection of vegetarian entrees and the selection of micro brews and big margaritas.

However, for future reference, I'll have to mention the total lack of service I received for lunch the other day. Nobody greeted me at the host station. Lunch took forever. The server was conspicuously absent. My compatriot got the wrong order for lunch. These were just a few of the many giant missteps in service made during the last meal I ate at Mad Mex.

I disagreed with most criticisms of Mad Mex from people in the area. Mad Mex is what it is. It isn't traditional Mexican fare; it's an American fusion spot with a Mexican undercurrent. However, I will advise anybody eating here to wait until dinner, when the place is better staffed. Maybe it was just an off night, but this performance was akin to a wasted Scott Stapp. They'd better clean up their act before they go the way of Creed.

No comments: