10 March 2008

Ming Flower




After my shift in the burbs, I developed a hankering for Cuisine of India's buffet and/or vegetarian menu for lunch. Unfortunately, unbeknownst to me, Cuisine of India closes between 2 pm and 5:30 pm, and I finished working at 2:30 pm.

I decided to travel across the street to Ming Flower, which is a Chinese restaurant on Lazelle Road. It has a fairly large dining room with traditional American-Chinese restaurant decor.

The prices were very cheap and the service was brisk. I ordered the Buddhist Delight, which is a mixed vegetable stir fry. With a drink, my final bill was $7.

Unfortunately, the dish was fairly nondescript, with broccoli, (canned) mushrooms, onions, baby corn, water chestnuts and carrots in a characterless brown sauce. The price was fair, but there are a number of better options in the area that, while more expensive, will be worth every extra cent you spend. These places include Cuisine of India, Ha Long Bay, Noodles, Pei Wei and Molly Woo's, all within a two minute drive (some of them are reviewed on this veggie blog).

Check out the pictures, and if you're in the area, check out one of the other places I've listed before you stop at Ming Flower.




Ming Flower

No comments: